What the IBO says you need to know:
- Define urbanization and explain the variation in global growth rates and patterns.
- Explain the processes of centripetal movements (rural-urban migration, gentrification, re-urbanization/urban renewal).
- Explain the processes of centrifugal movements (suburbanization, counter-urbanization, urban sprawl).
- Explain the contribution of natural change to patterns of population density within urban areas.
- Explain the global increase in the number and location of megacities (population over 10 million).
Urbanisation and Mega Cities