- Explain population trends and patterns in births (Crude Birth Rate), natural increase and mortality (Crude Death Rate, infant and child mortality rates), fertility and life expectancy in contrasting regions of the world.
The content used in class:
- Analyse population pyramids.
- Using the information from the US Census Bureau produce population pyramids for you five countries and two other that interest you for the years 1980, 2030 and this year.
- For these seven countries produce a short analysis of how the population is developing.
- Explain population momentum and its impact on population projections.